Very weak signal, no pictures.
SUN 26th Feb.....Up High at Dingboche....
We completed our second acclimatisation day today with our climb to Chukung 4,800mts amsl and back (acclimatisation involves climbing high but then returning lower to sleep that night).
A few of the team have some minor headaches and tummy rumbles but all going ok at this stage.
Given we are now well above 4,000mts, we are experiencing minus temperatures at night times and most of the team are now wearing their thermals into their minus 10 sleeping bags. Toilets are frozen and the place to be at night is around the common room fire, which given we are now above the tree line, is now burning dried yak poop.
Tomorrow we head to Loboche@4,900mts. The following day, we push on to Gorak Shep@5,100mts. These two camps will really challenge the team due to the cold and remoteness, although we are likely to get 5 bar reception at Gorak Shep due to the emergency communications tower there.
Special note. Glenn has been given a first warning to stop talking to people he meets on the trail about his bowel movements.!!
Late note. I was shattered when Simi and Shailendra informed the team last night that they were turning back..! Simi has a chest infection which is slowing her progress. Despite some efforts to change their mind (they are only 2 days from Gorak Shep), Shailendra thought it best to retreat before her condition deteriorates.!! It was a major blow for me. I so much personally wanted to see the both of them on KP. It was a rather emotional farewell this morning as they departed Dingboche on the way down.
The remaining 7 of us have climbed strongly to Tugla and will continue on to Lobouche @4,900mts after lunch. We are desperately trying to get a forecast for Wednesday (our KP day). Weather has been fantastic but we are told it is about to change..!! If Wednesday looks bad, we may try to bring KP forward to tomorrow.
If no update tonight, then perhaps tomorrow from Gorak Shep.